Monday, June 22, 2009

the harvest this week

Well since I was gone for a week everything had a chance to grow without being nibbled on. I made two big salads out of all my lettuces this weekend -- mixed loose leaf lettuces, more super strong arugula, baby beet greens, and some French Breakfast radishes. Vinaigrette had tarragon, basil, chives, and parsley from garden.

I harvest some baby turnips and a whole handful of sugar snap peas. Got a little cilantro for eggs one morning.

Last night I made some delicious arugula pesto with bolted arugula, toasted walnuts/pepitas, garlic, olive oil, salt, and mashed avocado. Yum...

We harvested all the broccoli that was starting to flower as well as the stuff that was threatening to flower. I have a ton of radish, turnip greens and spinach to stir-fry, when they will turn into a tiny mass that only provides a few bites per person, but is of course is like a concentrated nutrient dose.

The lettuce has been loving the rainy weather. I am eating it a lot right now because I figure any day it will get hot and the lettuce will start bolting.

No comments:

Post a Comment